The Churnet Valley Railway Santa and Steam 2018
Get Christmas off to a magical start by riding the Santa Express. Sit back and enjoy the Santa Express as it steams through the Staffordshire Moorlands.
As Santa strolls through the train bearing wonderful gifts for each little Boy and Girl. Mums, Dads, Grandmas and Grandpas can relax and enjoy a mince pie and a glass of sherry in garland filled coaches which will delight all.
Begin your journey from our Froghall or Cheddleton stations filled with festive atmosphere, hot & cold food available from our Signals Tea Room, or Gifts from Signals Souvenirs at Froghall or our pop up shop at Cheddleton. Ample free parking is available at both stations.
Passengers with a disability are advised to join the train at Froghall.
Dogs are not permitted on our Santa Express train with the exception of Guide Dogs.
Santa Express trains last approximately 1 hour 20 mins
Santa and Steam Dates & Times 2018
10.00, 11.30, 13.00, 14.30, 16.00
10.40, 12.10, 13.40, 15:10
Christmas Eve Times 2018
10.00, 11.30, 13.00, 14:30
10.45, 12.15, 13.45
Santa & Steam Prices 2018
|Adult||Child > 2||Child < 2|
|1 – 16 Dec.||£17.00||£12.00||£7.00|
|19 – 21 Dec.||£19.00||£13.00||£7.00|
|22 – 24 Dec.||£21.00||£15.00||£7.00|
Private compartments are only available for groups of 6 – 8 passengers & cost a flat rate of £30.00. If some of the passengers travel on the knee of an adult (ideally babies 12 months or less), then it is possible to fit more in a compartment. Please contact our office for details.
- Seating and return journey on our Santa Express Train
- Meet Santa as he wanders through the train talking to all the good boys and girls.
- A wonderful age suitable present for all children.
- Complimentary soft drink and treat for each little boy and girl.
- Complimentary glass of sherry and mince pie for adults
- Balloon Artists will be on their way around filling you with Joy and Christmas Cheer as they create some of your favourite festive balloon art.
- There are toilets on the trains but unfortunately no Baby changing facilities
- Buggies & Pushchairs MUST be folded down and stored in the Station Waiting room due to the shortage of space on the train.
- Please call if you have a wheelchair user and we will make appropriate arrangements.
Our Santa trains depart from the Froghall and Cheddleton stations. Froghall is situated on the A52, Stoke to Ashbourne road. Cheddleton is situated three miles south of leek along the A520.
SAT NAV Users
- Froghall Station ST10 2HA
- Cheddleton Station ST13 7EE